Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I need to rant

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, whether I'm too much stress with my work or I'm hormone change where my menses is going to pay me a visit.

But I know, I need to rant...... I think the human surrounding me is driving me crazy.

First case
I need to work on a project with a colleague in oversea. To me she is very nice, very thoughtful, helpful and sweet. BUT when come to work, I just can't believe how rigid she is. I know some of the items we need to standardized but not all the items. Every country has their own requirement. Therefore that's "deviation" need to apply to suit with each country if they can't follow the certain standard. She insist I have to follow "Exactly". I explained to her what's the reasons we can't follow the standard and hoping to apply deviation. Then she was trying so hard to convince and asking for all the unnecessary reason just to support her idea. Other than that, she also requesting me pull those "not useful" report just to support it. I really need to halt it, I feel so irritating. She keep on using her country as a benchmark/standard and require others countries to follow. Where I think this is not the right way. She should have some survey and get all countries to send in their data, then she study it and come out with a standard policy where minimum fulfill each country requirements. Then this is standard policy and everybody can use it. If she claim that have to follow the standard policy, then why in her own country, that's added more policy to suit her country. If is a standard policy where every country have to follow, then shouldn't her country should set as an example to follow straightly rather than amended it?

Second case
Doesn't mean you are not doing the job, you may simply change it and don't consider the person who person the tasks. This is very selfish. My superior wanted us to changed some policy just to comply with the standard policy. I told him, we can't. Not only it doesn't suit with our local requirement, but it also will cause us more works due to the changes. It doesn't fit in the "simplified the works" and "reduce the workload". And most of the things, they only see in front of their foot, not the future. It couldn't be you invest so much in a system, and you only want to use only for 5 years? It should longer than that!!! And is a selfish thinking to proceed with a decision and because it doesn't affect you much and you are not the one who do the tasks. Is wasting of manpower, time, energy and etc. It because I don't do, other people is doing, therefore, it doesn't make any big deal if the workload increase. Actually, whatever decision make, it doesn't affect me, cause I'm just a project manager for this task, I'm not running the tasks.. But I just pity of the team who performing the tasks. Because the wrong decision make, then have to re-do again, is wasting a lot of time, sources and etc.

I really don't understand how they think. Isn't that when we plan a project, it should be look in long term than short term especially it need a big capital to run the project. Need to study the pros and cons, try to work to minimize the cons and avoid rushing making the decision.

Sighhhhhh... Can I reject to be the project manager for this projecttttttttttt!!!!!

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day

2 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Star!

Although I don't quite understand the problem, ranting is a good thing sometimes! :-) I hope things work out well.

Hugs,

Renie

Adeline said...

Star...

I guess the world is filled with peoples with different character... so cool down... dun let them get into you and I hope things work out for you....